15 Sep Want To Change Your Payroll Company? Here’s What You Need
Are you a small company owner or HR professional that has actually discovered that your present payroll service provider isn’t really meeting your requirements and demands? Then probable you don’t want to continue your partnership with them and prepare to make a change. First of all, start your own research and thoroughly analyze accountants that provide services for business owners. If your company operates in Chattanooga, Schultz & Associates will assist you with your accounting so you can get back to generating profits! But what information will your new payroll company require in order for them to set your business up for payroll?
Being a leading payroll service, we understand the importance of having a system in place in order to make the switching process as seamless and understandable as possible to make sure everything goes as planned when onboarding new clients. The simplest way to achieve this objective is to provide a checklist of items required from the client in order for us to process payroll in our system for them. This way, there will certainly be no complication or confusion.
Most of the information could be collected from your existing payroll reports, yet here is a quick checklist of data needed in order for Schultz & Associates to start the process of switching your current payroll service provider:
- Company Legal Name and Legal Address
- Pay Period Start and End Dates
- Voided Company Check
For account that is to be used for payroll
A copy of a recent Quarterly Return will typically provide these details:
- All Payroll Tax ID’s.
- Federal EIN, State Employer Withholding ID, State Unemployment Compensation ID & Rate, Local and/or City ID’s (if applicable).
Worker’s Personal Information
You don’t have to spend time asking every your employee this information. Everything has been already collected in W-4 form. So, the data you need:
- Names, Addresses, Social Security numbers, Marital Status as well as Number of Children.
- Employee Pay Rate and/or Salary Information.
- Employee Per Pay Deduction Listing.
- All Quarter-to-Date and/or Year-to-Date Payroll information (depending on the time of year the conversion is occurring).
- Holiday, Sick, Personal, Paid Time Off Balances as well as any type of Accrual Rate and also Rules (if applicable).
- Garnishment and also Child Support information (if applicable).
- Copies of Court Issued Documents for Individual Garnishments.
- Direct Deposit Information for all staff members involved in your company operations.
- Email Addresses for employees that are opting in for Emailed Pay Statements (if applicable).
That’s all! However, you need to remember that every checklist is customized to fit the distinct demands and requirements of every specific customer. If you are thinking about cooperation with a new payroll service provided, feel free to contact Schultz & Associated for more information regarding your options. We will be happy to discuss what is required in order to make Schultz & Associates your new payroll company!